Services for Seniors & Adults with Physical Disabilities
Adult Day Program: Support
Volunteers provide assistance, companionship and encouragement in a group setting for adults with varying degrees of dementia and Alzheimer’s, to help them achieve and maintain their maximum level of functioning, to prevent premature and inappropriate institutionalization, and to provide respite for caregivers. Components of the Adult Day Program include planned social, recreational and physical activities, as well as meals and companionship. Volunteers require patience, dependability, sense of humour, and compassion, must be age 15 or older and available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m one day/week.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Check out our volunteer opportunities to see if something matches your skills and interests.
- Complete the online volunteer application form (found on our website) or print and return a hard copy to 2 MacNeil Court, Kanata.
- Attend a personal interview with the Volunteer Resources Coordinator.
- Provide a copy of a current Police Records Check; to be arranged with the Volunteer Resources Coordinator at your interview.
- Attend a WOCRC ‘Guiding Beliefs’ training session.
- Participate in mandatory training and orientation specific to your volunteer position.
Once we have received your application, you will be contacted within two weeks for an interview. The process takes approximately two months.
Questions? Need more info?
Please call 613-591-3686.