Full callout here:
Application form here:
Please note that a full application includes the completed application form and an up-to-date resume or CV.
Cultivate Toronto is a registered non-profit organization that started in 2010 with the goal of converting residential yards and rooftops in Toronto into a sustainable source of fresh, delicious vegetables. The produce we grow is distributed through a community shared agriculture (CSA) program. We also run an internship program, send a weekly electronic newsletter with recipes and updates from the garden, and host interactive workshops in order to engage with and educate the greater Toronto community.
Read our latest annual report here: http://cultivatetoronto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/YUFCSA-2011-AR-web.pdf
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to join our Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors has legal authority and responsibility for Cultivate Toronto. The Board provides governance and leadership to the organization as a whole.
• Commitment to the mission of Cultivate Toronto
• Attendance at full Board meetings, committee meetings, and the Annual General Meeting
• Participation on assigned committees
• Support of, and participation in, fundraising events
• Annual financial commitment to the organization
Because Cultivate Toronto is a fairly young organization, the current priority for the Board will be on building the policies and capacity for the organization to grow in a sustainable manner.
We are seeking candidates with expertise in a variety of areas.
• Local food and sustainability, especially within the Toronto or Ontario context
• Human resources
• Non-profit fundraising (through private donations, corporate sponsorship, and/or grants)
• Strategic planning
• Financial oversight
Previous board experience is an asset.
Term and time commitment
Candidates are elected to the Board for a minimum two-year term with opportunity for renewal. Directors are expected to maintain a minimum time commitment of 5-8 hours per month as the organization requires.
This is a volunteer position.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com