Cultivate Toronto is a registered non-profit organization that was founded in 2010 with the goal of converting residential yards and rooftops in Toronto into a sustainable source of fresh, delicious vegetables. The produce we grow is distributed through a community shared agriculture (CSA) program. We also run an internship program, send a bi-weekly e-newsletter with seasonal recipes and updates from the garden, and host interactive workshops in order to engage with and educate the greater Toronto community.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to join our Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors has legal authority and responsibility for Cultivate Toronto. The Board provides governance and leadership to the organization as a whole.
• Commitment to the mission of Cultivate Toronto
• Attendance at full Board meetings, committee meetings, and the Annual General Meeting
• Participation on assigned committees
• Support of, and participation in, fundraising events
• Annual financial commitment to the organization
Because Cultivate Toronto is a fairly young organization, the current priority for the Board will be on building the policies and capacity for the organization to grow in a sustainable manner.
We are seeking candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• Local food and sustainability, especially within the Toronto or Ontario context
• Human resources
• Non-profit fundraising (through private donations, corporate sponsorship, and/or grants)
• Strategic planning
• Financial oversight
Previous board experience is an asset.
Term and time commitment
Candidates are elected to the Board for a minimum two-year term with opportunity for renewal. Directors are expected to maintain a minimum time commitment of 5-8 hours per month.
This is an unpaid position.
How to apply
Submit a complete application to email@example.com by October 10, 2013. A complete application includes the following components:
1. Completed application form (blank ones available for download at http://cultivatetoronto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Cultivate-Toronto-Board-of-Directors-Application-2012-09-03.docx).
2. Your current resume or CV supporting your application.
All candidates will be notified through e-mail of their status after October 10, 2013. Successful candidates will then be recommended to the Board and be advised of next steps.