Seeks Youth Ages 16-29, that are looking to make a positive impact. If you are a good role model and want to use your spare time effectively the Peer Project is the program to join.
Youth Assisting Youth is a non-for-profit charitable organization that gives youth an opportunity to volunteer in their community and provide a peer mentoring service to newcomer and at risk youth.
VOLUNTEER MENTOR DESCRIPTION:
As a mentor you will promote an active lifestyle by providing leadership to youth on a one-to-one basis. Share your skills and hobbies with a younger youth and in the process gain a valuable experience. You will both benefit!!!!
TIME COMMITMENT: 3 hours a week for one year. You can volunteer close to where you live on your own schedule
contact: Paula at 416-932-1919 ext234 or Email: email@example.com
click the link bellow to watch our mentors experiences on you tube: http://youtu.be/QX7azcZ_Yug
Volunteer positions show future employers your drive and dedication. Such accomplishments demonstrate, character, initiative, leadership skills and the ability to work hard.
• Increased skills & improved resume
• Personal development
• Opportunity to network and exposure to fields of interest
• Experience the fulfillment of making a difference
• Eligibility for scholarships
• Great references for professional or academic purposes
• Meet a diverse range of people and gain insight and knowledge of issues facing children