Services for Seniors & Adults with Physical Disabilities
Meals On Wheels Program: Driver
Volunteers pick up and deliver nutritious hot, cold and frozen meals to older adults and people with physical disabilities. This position requires daytime availability. Volunteers are eligible for an expense reimbursement of .43/km. Volunteers need to submit proof of $2 million insurance coverage and a current Driver’s Abstract; to be arranged at a volunteer interview. Volunteers require willingness to offer emotional support and reliable communication skills. Commitment is typically from 10 am to noon, once a week.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Check out our volunteer opportunities to see if something matches your skills and interests.
- Complete the online volunteer application form (found on our website) or print and return a hard copy to 2 MacNeil Court, Kanata.
- Attend a personal interview with the Volunteer Resources Coordinator.
- Provide a copy of a current Police Records Check; to be arranged with the Volunteer Resources Coordinator at your interview.
- Attend a WOCRC ‘Guiding Beliefs’ training session.
- Participate in mandatory training and orientation specific to your volunteer position.
Once we have received your application, you will be contacted within two weeks for an interview. The process takes approximately two months.
Questions? Need more info?
Please call 613-591-3686.