Pride Toronto is the not-for-profit organization that presents Pride Week, a ten day long arts and cultural festival celebrating Toronto’s LGBTTIQQ2SA* communities. The Festival is produced by year-round volunteers, each working together to produce the Pride Festival and full time staff that manage the organization and direct and support the activities of the teams. Each team is led by two Team Leads who manage the activities of the team and its members. Our volunteers are an important part of Pride Festival planning who together; Help Make Pride Happen!
* Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, 2 Spirited, Allied.
Reporting to the Volunteer Program Manager, the Reception & Office Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure the effective operation of the office. They will also ensure reception coverage and office support during office hours from 10am to 6pm each day.
Reception & Office Advisor Role Description:
With the possibility of up to four incumbents working as a Team; they ensure reception coverage and office support during office hours from 10am to 6pm each day. The reception office assistant is responsible for utilizing technical, communication and organizational skills, to provide efficient and organized administrative support to various staff, Board Members and Teams within Pride Toronto. The incumbent reports to the Volunteer Program Manager and is responsible for taking prioritization of the administrative workload to ensure the identified objectives and deadlines are met; while ensuring internal and external clients are handled in a courteous and friendly manner in person, electronically, and on the phone.
Portfolio Tasks (50%):
- Reports to the Volunteer Program Manager
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Manage all facsimiles, filing photocopying, mail requirements and arrange couriers and deliveries
- Maintain office equipment as required
- Answer all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Additional tasks as needed
￼Organizational Support /Overarching Team Mandate (50%):
- Works within the limits of the approved budget and adheres to Pride Toronto’s financial principles
- Works openly, cooperatively and collaboratively with all other Pride Toronto Board Staff and Volunteers
- Provides courteous and professional customer service to all potential and registered participants of Pride Week
- Refers donations to the organization by referring prospective donors of cash/service/product/venue/promotion to the Director of Fundraising only
- Refers sponsorships and partnerships of cash/service/product/venue/promotion by referring prospects to the Director of Fundraising only
- Ensures any partnership or commitment of any organizational resources with any external person, organization or venue is approved by the appropriate staff liaison
- Ensures any communications with the media are referred to the Co-Chairs of the Board of Directors and/or the Executive Director
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a Police Records Check completed (please see the PRC Volunteer screening policy)
- Experience using: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access) as well as Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently and part of a team
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- High tolerance for, and adaptable to change
- Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with co-workers and various external contacts
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties/skills required for this role. For a more detailed list of the work involved, please contact Kiona Sinclair, Volunteer Program Manager at Kiona@pridetoronto.com.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Volunteer Program Manager
Tel: 416-927-7433 ext. 227