Pride Toronto is the not-for-profit organization that presents Pride Week, a ten day long arts and cultural festival celebrating Toronto’s LGBTTIQQ2SA* communities. The Festival is produced by year-round volunteers, each working together to produce the Pride Festival and full time staff that manage the organization and direct and support the activities of the teams. Each team is led by two Team Leads who manage the activities of the team and its members. Our volunteers are an important part of Pride Festival planning who together; Help Make Pride Happen!
* Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, 2 Spirited, Allied.
The Sponsorship Advisor is a consultant for the Director of Fundraising. The Advisor is tasked with screening and communicating with existing and potential sponsors as assigned and supervised by the Director of Fundraising. The Advisor is mainly focused on the successful account management of sponsors.
Term of position and hours per week required:
There is an annually determined number of Sponsorship Advisor positions. Advisors are appointed to a one-year term, and each position requires a commitment of approximately 1-2 hours per week from August through to May, and approximately 5 hours per week for June. The Pride Week Partners Advisor must be available on-site for the duration of Pride Weekend.
Portfolio Tasks (50%):
- Reports to the Fundraising Director
- Responsible for prompt, courteous, and professional communication with existing and potential sponsors
- Prepares briefing notes contact records following all communication regarding an existing or potential sponsor
- Schedules and prepares for sponsorship meetings and conference calls
- Additional tasks as needed
￼Organizational Support /Overarching Team Mandate (50%):
- Works within the limits of the approved budget and adheres to Pride Toronto’s financial principles
- Works openly, cooperatively and collaboratively with all other Pride Toronto Board Staff and Volunteers
- Provides courteous and professional customer service to all potential and registered participants of Pride Week
- Refers donations to the organization by referring prospective donors of cash/service/product/venue/promotion to the Director of Fundraising only
- Refers sponsorships and partnerships of cash/service/product/venue /promotion by referring prospects to the Director of Fundraising only;
- Ensures any partnership or commitment of any organizational resources with any external person, organization or venue is approved by the appropriate staff liaison
- Ensures any communications with the media are referred to the Co-Chairs of the Board of Directors and/or the Executive Director
- Ensures the accurate tracking and timely submission of Team Lead (Co-Leads) and Team Member volunteer timesheets
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a Police Records Check completed (please see the PRC Volunteer screening policy)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven professional communicator
- Possess high degree of diplomacy and tact
- Able and willing to enter into a confidentiality agreement
- Familiar and/or has an understanding of the sponsorship sales cycle
- Team player
- Demonstrated leadership skills
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties/skills required for this role. For a more detailed list of the work involved, please contact Kiona Sinclair, Volunteer Program Manager at Kiona@pridetoronto.com.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Volunteer Program Manager
Tel: 416-927-7433 ext. 227